The discipline of software engineering has evolved with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality.
During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline. Attendees learn how continuous flow of value delivery and built-in quality are enabled by modern practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
Attendees learn proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They will know the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns). Attendees also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
Learners taking this course are :
Scrum MasterAgile CoachConsultantSoftware
DeveloperSoftware EngineerSenior Manager
- Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
- Connecting Principles, and Practices to Built-In Quality
- Accelerating Flow
- Applying Intentional Architecture
- Thinking Test-First
- Discovering Story Details
- Creating a Shared Understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicating with Models
- Building Systems with Code Quality
- Building Systems with Design Quality
- Implementing with Quality
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile Principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
- Student Workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certification of completion
- Certified SAFe? 4 Agile Software Engineer certification upon passing of exam
- One Certification exam attempt (re-takes at an additional fee)
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineer certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineer, which includes access to the ASE Community of Practice
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
For more information about the exam and benefits of becoming a Certified SAFe professional, click the More Exam Details button.
MORE EXAM DETAILS